SWPA 2018 Convention
The 2018 Convention will take place in Houston, Texas from April 13-15, 2018.
This year's convention is focused on applying psychological research to solve the challenges of tomorrow. These challenges may range from climate change to political divisiveness. For invited speakers, we have an excellent group of researchers with expertise in applying psychological concepts to challenging situations.
Things to do next:
- Create a profile, and register for the conference. Here are some instructions on how to register.
- Book your hotel at the Hilton Americas-Houston
SWPA Talk Sessions
SWPA talks will be 20 minutes in length. This will be 15 minutes for presentation and 5 minutes for Q&A.
- AV cables to hook up to the projection system
- Projection system for each room
We do not provide
SWPA Poster Sessions
SWPA poster sessions will last at least 1 hour, and will consist of approximately 30 - 50 individual posters depending on the session. Recommended poster sizes should range from 48" (wide) x 36" (tall) to as large as 54" (wide) x 42" (tall). Posters will be numbered in the program for convenience. Presenters should place their poster on the poster board corresponding to their assigned number in the program.
Need to print a poster on-site?
Hilton Americas-Houston has a FedEx Office in the hotel. Hours of operation, and contact information are listed below.
Hours of Operation
Monday through Friday 7am until 7pm
Saturday and Sunday 7am until 4pm
Event Solutions Consultant
More information about the conference theme, and speakers:
Individuals who pre-register for the convention may obtain full or partial refunds of the registration fee.
- Full refund if requested at least one month before the opening convention day.
- 50% refund if requested one week to one month before the opening day.
- No refund if requested less than one week before the convention begins.
Request a refund by e-mailing SWPA Treasurer, Dr. Tom Faulkenberry (firstname.lastname@example.org).