Code of Conduct
The Southwestern Psychological Association aims to promote the investigative and creative activities of its members through a safe and enjoyable convention. All members are expected to maintain the highest ethical and professional standards while attending the annual convention.
Conference attendees are expected to:
- Show dedication to the educational activities by arriving on time to any of their own posters or presentations
- Avoid plagiarism or misrepresentation of data
- Treat all convention attendees, associate members, guests, and hotel/convention staff with the utmost respect
- Avoid harassment, which includes, but is not limited to:
- Aggressive or hostile verbal comments that reinforce social structures of domination related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion, nationality
- Sexual images in public spaces
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking, or following
- Harassing photography or recording
- Sustained disruption of talks or other events
- Inappropriate physical contact
- Unwelcome sexual attention
- Advocating for or encouraging any of the above behavior
If the SWPA leadership feel there are violations of the code of conduct, appropriate actions may be taken. These actions may include, but are not limited to, removal from the convention, or permanent restriction from attending future conventions.