SWPA Membership and Convention Registration
SWPA has two membership categories and a non-member option. Persons in both membership categories may submit abstracts for SWPA presentation at the upcoming convention or submit abstracts to our affiliate organizations (Psi Chi, SAMR, SCBNA, SWToP).
In addition, members receive the SWPA e-newsletter and occasional other correspondence from the Executive Committee. Members may also place announcements (non-profit) in the SWPA e-newsletter and on the SWPA website free of charge. Non-member announcements for jobs or services cost $50.
Non-members may only submit abstracts for affiliate organizations meeting with SWPA (Check with the affiliate organizations for any membership requirements for submission to their part of the program).
Beginning in 2016 SWPA began charging one fee for both membership and convention registration. That fee depends on membership category (Professional, Student, Non-Member) and when you pay (Early-Bird, Regular, On-Site).
New to SWPA?
Professional members who are new to the 9 state region covered by SWPA are eligible for a 50% discount on the appropriate membership rate. To qualify, professional members must be in their first three years in the following states by moving from a state outside of the region. Also, you must contact the SWPA membership registrar (email@example.com) prior to registration. These are the qualifying states:
Membership and Registration Categories
- Any person who by virtue of employment, education, and/or professional interests identifies with the discipline of psychology is eligible
- Professional members are entitled to all rights and privileges of the association without restriction.
- $90 until January 22
- $100 from January 23 to March 23
- $115 on site
- Any student who by virtue of their educational work, and/or interests identifies with the discipline of psychology is eligible
- Student members must be able to document their current student status
- Student members are entitled to all rights and privileges of the association except holding offices other than Student Representative
- $60 until January 22
- $70 from January 23 to March 23
- $85 on site
- There are no criteria for non-members.
- The non-member database is cleared annually, so a new profile must be created each year.
- $105 until January 22
- $125 from January 23 to March 23
- $130 on site
Individuals who pre-register for the convention may obtain full or partial refunds of the registration fee.
- Full refund if requested at least one month before the opening convention day.
- 50% refund if requested one week to one month before the opening day.
- No refund if requested less than one week before the convention begins.